Friday, October 7, 2016

I'm Engaged!!!

Yep, you read that right. I'm engaged to John now. Happened tonight. And I'd no clue that it would.

There I was, blithely carameling apples with my Mum, when a knock came at the front door. Since neither Mum or I could get it, Philomena had to. Next thing I know, I'm being told I need to sign for something.
As I walk over, after handing the reigns of the caramel to Philomena, I saw a young man, wearing a trench coat, a hat covering his face.

"Oh, it's Mr. So-and-so," I thought. "No, no, that's silly....so, why's a Mormon here???"

Then John lifted his head and knelt down.

I'm embarrassed to say, my exact words were "We're doing this now?" - because I'm barefoot and making caramel apples. SO romantic (but also perfect for us).

He took it well, totally understanding, and said, with a smirk, "Yep. Will you marry me?"

I said "Yes."

My ring, which was also my Mum's ring

The happy couple :D

3 comments: