Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Quest for Best (gluten free)


So, I'm over at my boyfriend's (John) parent's house for three weeks. A kind of get-to-know-you-better time, as a week at Christmas only did so much. 

Anyhow, tonight, we made GF spaghetti, from squash, and GF Cheese Bread. As many of you may already know, doing Gluten Free is hard sometimes, though it's definitely gotten WAY better since I started (about 6 years ago). Baked goods, however, are still dry for the most part and there is a continual journey to advance our meals, to make them imitate the originals as best we can.

With that being said, squash was not what I first thought of for spaghetti. But Nancy (John's mother) wanted to try it out, so I said "Why not?". Below are the pictures of the bread and squash in several stages, plus the finished product,

Hope you enjoy. :D

Cheese Bread 

As it is pictured in the book.

After it was halfway done (looks like mashed potatoes to me)

Right before it went into the oven

The finished product!
It was really buttery.
Seemed like it'd be better served without cheese and at breakfast with jam.

Spaghetti Squash

Right it came out of the oven

Scraping it out, spaghetti style!

The finished meal!
No squash taste, just meat, but nothing like the original.

All in all, a good meal though. 
I'd rate the squash and bread a 5/10. 
The spaghetti sauce a 9/10! Nancy outdid herself. 








1 comment:

  1. Wow! Did not know you were GF. I have been GF for almost 5 years now. And my son is also. This stuff looks so good! But I definitely want to try that bread recipe... But it does look like a scone, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete